the season with only six rearguards especially when Brock Beukeboom, Brandon Archibald and David Mead are all just 16. If Muzzin is dealt, the Soo would need to acquire another veteran D to take his place.
At least now, while they're losing, they're in almost every game.
2. Even if the Hounds somehow right the ship and make the playoffs, they'll barely sneak in by finishing eighth, before losing four straight to Windsor in the first round.
Greyhounds should seriou
A surgeon general's warning could be attached to the 2008 2009 Soo Greyhounds: Beware that constant exposure to a skill free team can contribute to chronic disinterest.
would be significantly upgraded should Muzzin return as an OA. But if Muzzin plays another OHL season, the Soo wants him skating here. An upgraded draft choice isn't enough.
can say they're only nine points out of a fifth place tie in the Western Conference. But the 10th place Greyhounds (15 22 2 1) have produced only 10 points since Nov. 22. That's over a span of 18 games.
1. Let's be honest: It's unlikely this team is going to qualify for the playoffs. Yes, you Converse Chucks White
By Peter Ruicci
4. Dealing Muzzin would leave the Hounds with only six defencemen. During a recent conversation, general manager Dave Torrie said there's no way his team could make it through the remainder of Converse Glitter Shoes
Without some leadership, they wonder at what Converse Gray And Black rate their young players will develop, if the team suddenly is prone to being dominated on a regular basis. It's certainly a valid point.
Some points to consider, with 28 games remaining and the OHL trade deadline set for Friday at 12 noon. . .
5. Perhaps physical winger Anthony Peluso is then the most likely to be traded this week. St. Louis Blues property, Peluso, a sixth round pick in 2007, is also unsigned.
First of all, the Greyhounds would have to be offered fair value. If they are, I say make a deal and look to the future.
Seriously, Sault fans at Friday's Essar Centre snoozer, a 6 2 loss to the Niagara IceDogs, should have been presented with a complimentary, 5 Hour Energy shot.
3. There are contending teams interested in Muzzin, but the Greyhounds aren't sure the big defenceman won't return for an overage season. Selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth round of the 2008 NHL draft, Muzzin isn't signed.
The Sault Star
They'd need to overtake two conference rivals to grab the eighth and final playoff berth.
After dropping a 2 1 decision to Peterborough Saturday, and having won just twice in their last 15 starts, where do the Greyhounds go from here?
And with a mere 23 goals in their last 12 starts, the Greyhounds now the lowest scoring of 20 OHL teams have shown little to convince anyone this downward trend can be reversed. If you watch them regularly, you know what I mean.
When a five game homestand ends Saturday against Kitchener, the Soo plays nine of its next 11 on the road.
If the Hounds dealt him to a contender, they'd risk having him return next season in someone else's lineup. Sure, as part of the deal they can demand a conditional draft choice, which Converse For Girls White
But as fragile as things are at present, the Hounds are concerned what level of competitive play they could manage without either 19 year old Jake Muzzin or overage captain Matt Lyall.
Then why not add some future assets by dealing away one of their veterans before Friday's deadline?
Converse Grey Low Top
Converse Shoes White For Girls
New York Giants Cap
Converse Shoes For Kids Girls
Converse Running Shoes For Women
Converse Dainty Ballerina Navy
Atlanta Braves Hat 47
Black Converse High Tops Toddler
Adidas Cap Green
New Era New York Yankees
Converse Orange Low Tops
New Era Oakland Athletics
Converse Shoes Womens Size 8
Converse Dainty Leather
Converse Uk Sale Size 8